England soccer ace David Beckham and his family have ended their vacation and left Maldives on Wednesday vowing to make Maldives their holiday destination every year.
Maldives Tourism Minister Ahmed Adeeb was at Ibrahim Nasir International Airport (INIA) to bid farewell to Beckham, wife Victoria and their four kids who had spent 11 nights at the luxury One&Only Reethi Rah resort in the Maldives.
A source on condition of anonymity told Haveeru that Bekham had described his time in Maldives as “the happiest new year holiday” and promised to return to Maldives every year.
“He said he will come to Maldives with his family every year. He said he was really satisfied with this vacation and added that it was the happiest New Year holiday so far,” the source said.
UK’s The Sun had earlier reported that the Beckhams had cut short their GBP250,000 Christmas break and left the Maldives last Wednesday due to bad weather.
However, Haveeru had confirmed that Beckham and his family had not left and were enjoying their holiday in Maldives.
Former Manchester United, Real Madrid and AC Milan star, who left US side LA Galaxy earlier this month, had booked the most expensive suite at the complex which cost GBP8,600 a night.
Three others, each at GBP3,700 a night, were also booked and made ready for the couple and their sons Brooklyn, 13, Romeo, ten, Cruz, seven, and 18-month-old daughter Harper.