Today’s Dealmaster is headlined by another sweeping round of deals on Amazon devices, with a variety of Fire TV media streamers, Kindle e-readers, and Fire tablets all discounted.
The sale’s most notable discounts include a few all-time low prices on Fire HD tablets. The 10.1-inch 1080p Fire HD 10, for instance, is down to a joint-low of $100, which is a $50 discount for Amazon’s most powerful slate. All three of the company’s new Fire HD 8 tablets are down to new lows as well: the base Fire HD 8—which now includes 2GB of RAM, 32GB of storage, 802.11ac Wi-Fi, and a faster processor—is down to $60 from its usual $90, while the upgraded Fire HD 8 Plus—which comes with a USB-C port a la the Fire HD 10, 3GB of RAM, and wireless charging support—is down to $80 from its usual $110. Each of the company’s rugged Kids Edition tablets is down to the lowest prices we’ve seen as well, while the Fire 7 is down to $35 for those who want to pay as little as possible for a touchscreen. You’ll still have to deal with the limitations of Amazon’s Fire OS with any of these devices, but if you just want a competent device for browsing the Web and streaming videos, the higher-end Fire tablets in particular are still decent value.
Elsewhere, our favorite ebook reader, the Kindle Paperwhite, is down to $100, while our favorite budget ebook reader, the standard Kindle, is available for $70. Neither of these deals is the best we’ve seen, and both Kindles will almost certainly drop lower during Amazon’s Prime Day event. But if you need an e-reader today, these are $30 and $20 discounts, respectively, for devices worth considering. It’s a similar situation for the Fire TV Stick 4K, which is currently down to $35; this deal is $10 off the prices we saw on Prime Day and Black Friday, but it’s a solid $15 drop for a 4K HDR media streamer we recommend.
There are a few more Amazon device deals below, but if you have no interest in any of those, we also have deals on Bose’s latest noise-cancelling headphones, Samsung SSDs, a one-day Gold Box sale on Anker chargers, The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild, and much more. You can take a look at the full rundown below.
Note: Ars Technica may earn compensation for sales from links on this post through affiliate programs.
Top 10 deals of the day
Amazon device deals
Laptop and desktop PC deals
- Apple MacBook Air (2020) laptop – 1.1GHz Intel Core i5-1030NG7, 13.3-inch 2560×1600, 8GB RAM, 512GB SSD, Magic Keyboard for $1,199.99 at Amazon (normally $1,270).
- Lenovo ThinkCentre M90n mini desktop PC – Intel Core i5-8265U, 8GB RAM, 512GB SSD for $399 at Lenovo (use code: HOTNANODEAL – normally $600).
- Raspberry Pi 4 (2GB) mini PC + CanaKit power supply for $39.99 at Best Buy (normally $60).
- Samsung T7 (500GB) external portable SSD for $89.99 at Amazon (normally $105).
- Samsung 970 Evo Plus (500GB) NVMe internal SSD for $99.99 at Amazon (normally $120).
- Samsung 970 Evo Plus (2TB) NVMe internal SSD for $349.99 at Amazon (normally $435).