Commencing Monday, a slew of companies will reopen in Santa Clara County for the initial time in months as the county moves away from its blanket stay-at-dwelling get.
Fitness centers, hair and nail salons, inns and outside pools are a number of of individuals that created the “yes” record — when other individuals, like indoor dining and bars, saunas and theaters, will have to remain closed for the foreseeable long run. Also no extended authorized? Indoor gatherings, which the county experienced originally planned to allow but transformed its thoughts in a last-moment selection Friday.
All businesses are essential to post new documentation for social distancing regulations, distribute those protocols to all workers, and stick to specified density limitations. Only one particular worker for every 250 gross sq. toes is permitted within just a business enterprise at a time and one particular buyer for each 150 sq. ft of indoor space open up to the public. Everyone who can work from home will have to continue on to do so.
Here’s the rundown of what is — and isn’t — allowed starting off Monday.
Businesses and functions that may reopen with protocols involve:
- Hair and nail salons. Protocols include things like not double scheduling, distancing and not allowing for clients to contact nail polish for sale.
- Tattoo parlors, but not for facial tattoos or removal
- Fitness centers, but clients have to plan routines beforehand to make sure distancing. Cardio and aerobic workout equipment — like treadmills — are not authorized within. Saunas, showers and steam rooms need to continue to be shut.
- Motels and motels. As of Saturday early morning, the county mentioned market steerage was forthcoming.
- Childcare and summer season camps, with advice forthcoming.
- Outside pools, but clients should schedule swimming time beforehand and preserve six ft in between other swimmers. A single swimmer for every 300 toes is permitted.
- Some leisure athletics these kinds of as tennis, bowling, functioning, or archery, during which you can manage six feet of distance. Only modified versions of speak to athletics are permitted to keep length — this kind of as taking pictures hoops on a basketball court docket, but not enjoying competitively.
Enterprises and activities that must keep on being closed incorporate:
- Indoor eating and bars
- Any own care assistance that would inherently demand the elimination of a experience mask, like eyelash solutions, eyebrow waxing or threading, alongside with facials and facial piercings
- Entire-on get hold of sporting activities with people exterior your household such as soccer, rugby, basketball, baseball or soccer
- Saunas, gym showers and heated work out rooms
- Any indoor internet site where massive teams of people collect, like nightclubs, theaters, stadiums, arenas, new music venues, indoor playgrounds and amusement centers
- Smoking lounges
- Non-residential adult and elder daycare amenities
In basic, the county “strongly discourages” gatherings of any sort.
- Outdoor gatherings of up to 60 individuals are allowed, so extended as men and women are putting on experience coverings and sustaining 6 feet of length. A man or woman or business enterprise have to be selected as the host and keep a listing with names and call info for all attendees, and give hand sanitizer. Food stuff or beverages should really be held in single-serve containers only.
- Indoor gatherings among members of distinctive homes are NOT permitted.